Disclaimer: always consult a physician for any medical advice.
Anytime anyone is diagnosed with any type of serious medical problems/disabilities that may result in hindering the person’s ability to communicate the problems they may be experiencing then it’s always a good idea have a medical ID bracelet.
It’s just the responsible thing to do in order to protect themselves.
The beautiful thing is that medical ID bracelets don’t have to look sterile and clinical anymore.
There’s many companies you can purchase them through that offer more stylish bracelets that are more hip to wear.
It all depends on your taste and overall preference.
For our daughter, Casteel, we opted to get her one that has purple bands with flowers on them and is to her liking.
That’s the key…Get something that you or your child would want to wear proudly.
It’s amazing how many times medical id bracelets have saved lives!
I personally don’t know the statistics on this, but I’m sure there’s stats out there that backup my claims.
Just Google it! 🙂
The most common medical conditions which require a medical ID bracelet are:
- Food, Drug, or insect allergies
- Cardiac problems
- Pulmonary Conditions
- Kidney failure
- Diabetes, blood disorders
- Alzheimer’s/Memory impairment
- Blood thinners/Anticoagulants (Coumadin/Warfarin)
Below are few reasons why medical ID bracelets are so vital:
- Your medical ID bracelet provides for a quick recognition of your medical conditions, allergies, medications, or treatment wishes; this leads to faster and more effective medical treatment.
- Medical ID bracelets reduce treatment errors which may result from not having a patient’s health record during an emergency situation or upon hospital admission.
- A medical ID speaks for you in the event of an emergency if you become unresponsive
- First responders and medical personnel are trained to first look for medical identification jewelry in an emergency. Medical IDs will immediately alert emergency medical professionals to your critical health and personal information.
- There are unlimited reasons for you and your loved ones to wear a medical ID when living with common or unusual medical ailments. A medical ID will save your life and the lives of those you love.
Please let us know where you purchased your medical id bracelet and include a photo of the bracelet and you or your child wearing it proudly!